AMS Controls is an advanced technology provider that designs leading-edge machine control solutions for the metal forming industry. We work for more than 4,000 clients managing more than 13,000 installations, helping them set new standards of operational efficiency in the industry.
For over forty years, we’ve been helping our customers revolutionize the way they run their manufacturing business. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our team. You’ll find our current job vacancies below. Resumes for all job openings should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to the following address:
12180 Prichard Farm Road
Maryland Heights, MO 63043
All questions should be emailed to email@example.com. No phone inquiries, please.
Hone your growing skills in industrial automation and become our industrial controls expert, working on-site with some of the world’s leading manufacturers and configuring, installing, and project managing their industrial controls and integrated systems.
Work with a world leader in the metal industry
AMS Controls is an advanced technology provider that designs leading-edge machine control solutions for the metal forming industry. We work for more than 4,000 clients managing more than 13,000 installations, helping them set new standards of operational efficiency in the roll forming industry.
For over 40 years, we’ve been helping our customers revolutionize the way they run their manufacturing business.
Strong demand for our world-class controls and integrated systems means we are now looking for a talented and experienced Industrial Controls Technician to join our team in St. Louis, MO.
If you have strong interpersonal skills, confidence and can operate independently in the field, and would thrive in a company that’s open-minded, supportive, and entrepreneurial, we would love to meet you.
Become an expert in AMS Controls integrated systems and products
Your key responsibilities will be split between travel and in-the-office work.
On the days that you travel, you’ll project manage from on-site as you apply your experience in industrial automation to install, wire, and configure our integrated control systems for clients in their complex production lines.
Then, from our St Louis office, you’ll provide phone and e-mail support for end users, as well as conduct testing and configuration of new systems and replacement components. You’ll also collaborate with fellow technicians, designing new circuits and systems, and documenting procedures.
Eventually, you will become one of our resident experts in AMS Controls products.
You’ll often travel to meet clients not just throughout United States, but internationally too. You’ll spend up to 15 days on the road at a time, depending on the client, the project and scheduling. It’s not enough to be prepared to travel — you have to actively enjoy it.
What you need to bring to the table
Experience with the metal forming industry is a plus, but not a strict requirement. It is far more important to have experience in industrial automation/engineering or similar field, a logical mind, a keen ability to ask questions and a strong math background.
This is a physically demanding job that often requires long hours in a factory environment. You will get dirty. You must be able to lift up to 50lbs and stand for up to six hours at a stretch.
You’ll be comfortable asking questions, a passion for learning new products and picking up new ideas and concepts is second nature to you. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Associate’s degree and/or two years’ experience in Industrial Controls, Engineering, or a similar field
- Experience working with servos, VFDs, PLCs, HMIs, DVMs, oscilloscopes
- Strong PC skills. You know your way around MS Office (especially Word and Excel)
- Some experience with PC networking such as DHCP and static IP address settings
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- An understanding of algebra and have strong math skills
- Ambitious people who are not afraid to ask questions. We create complex technical systems and expect you to have questions about how they work.
- Organizational skills. There’s a difference between saying you’re organized and actually being organized.
Plus, any of these (or all of them) would be nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Controls, Engineering, or similar field
- Manufacturing operations background or knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Experience with Allen Bradley RSLogix 500 and Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000
- Experience with Bosch-Rexroth servo systems
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Some CAD software experience
“So what’s in it for me,” you ask?
Based in our St. Louis headquarters, you’ll enjoy being part of a fun, supportive, and highly skilled team that loves to innovate. Plus you’ll enjoy:
- A full-time position
- Benefits package and annual leave
- A host of other things that make coming to work a pleasant experience!
How to maximize your chance of success
If you’re excited about this position you should follow these steps carefully:
- Prepare a cover letter that is tailored to this role. It must demonstrate you’ve read over this job description and highlight how your experience is applicable. GENERIC COVER LETTERS will be discarded and not considered.
- Include your resume and ensure it has your proper contact information.
- Please submit these items to firstname.lastname@example.org only. No phone calls, please!
We look forward to hearing from you!
AMS Controls is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, or any other characteristic protected by law.
No relocation fees are available.