AMS Controls is an advanced technology provider that designs leading-edge machine control solutions for the metal forming industry. We work for more than 4,000 clients managing more than 13,000 installations, helping them set new standards of operational efficiency in the industry.
For over forty years, we’ve been helping our customers revolutionize the way they run their manufacturing business. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our team. You’ll find our current job vacancies below. Resumes for all job openings should be emailed to email@example.com or sent to the following address:
12180 Prichard Farm Road
Maryland Heights, MO 63043
All questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries, please.
Purchasing & Inventory Assistant
Work with a world leader in the metal industry
AMS Controls is an advanced technology provider that designs leading-edge machine control solutions for the metal forming industry. We work for more than 4,000 clients managing more than 13,000 installations, helping them set new standards of operational efficiency in the roll forming industry.
For over 40 years, we’ve been helping our customers revolutionize the way they run their manufacturing business.
Strong demand for our world-class controls and integrated systems means we are now looking for a Purchasing and Inventory Assistant to join our team in St. Louis, MO.
If you have great interpersonal skills, aren’t afraid to get a little dirty, and thrive in a company that’s open-minded and supportive, we would love to meet you.
So what is the job like?
Your day-to-day work will require you to be on your feet and walking around a lot, checking inventory, gathering products for shipment, packaging shipments, and other assorted tasks. You’ll also communicate with our vendors, so you are comfortable with sending emails and speaking on the phone in a business environment.
You’ll also work on special projects like inventory management that will require manual labor and working as a member of a team.
What you need to bring to the table
Some experience with inventory or purchasing would be helpful, but it’s more important that you take direction well and can communicate clearly with our vendors and your fellow workers.
This is a physically demanding job that often requires long hours in a factory environment. You will get dirty. You must be able to lift up to 40lbs and work in an environment with moderate noise level.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- PC skills. You know your way around MS Office (especially Outlook)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Can-do attitude and an eagerness to get things done
Plus, any of these (or all of them) would be nice to have:
- Experience with purchasing tasks
- Experience with inventory management
- Experience with shipping & receiving
- ERP knowledge, particularly Microsoft Dynamics NAV
“So what’s in it for me,” you ask?
Based in our St. Louis headquarters, you’ll enjoy being part of a fun, supportive, and highly skilled team that loves to innovate. Plus you’ll enjoy:
- A full-time position
- Benefits package and annual leave
- A host of other things that make coming to work a pleasant experience!
How to maximize your chance of success
If you’re excited about this position you should follow these steps carefully:
- Prepare a cover letter that is tailored to this role. It must demonstrate you’ve read over this job description and highlight how your experience is applicable. GENERIC COVER LETTERS will be discarded and not considered.
- Include your resume and ensure it has your proper contact information.
- Please submit these items to email@example.com only. No phone calls, please!
We look forward to hearing from you!
AMS Controls is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, or any other characteristic protected by law.
No relocation fees are available.