Work for the World’s Industry Leader
AMS Controls is an advanced technology provider that designs leading-edge machine control solutions for the metal forming industry. We work for more than 4,000 clients managing more than 13,000 installations, helping them set new standards of operational efficiency in the industry.
For over forty years, we’ve been helping our customers revolutionize the way they run their manufacturing business. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our team. You’ll find our current job vacancies below. Resumes for all job openings should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to the following address:
12180 Prichard Farm Road
Maryland Heights, MO 63043
All questions should be emailed to email@example.com. No phone inquiries, please.
Strong demand for our world-class controls and integrated systems means we are now looking for a talented and experienced Industrial Controls Technician to join our team in St. Louis, MO.
If you have strong interpersonal skills, confidence and can operate independently in the field, and would thrive in a company that’s open-minded, supportive, and entrepreneurial, we would love to meet you.
Become an expert in AMS Controls integrated systems and products
Your key responsibilities will be split between travel and in-the-office work.
On the days that you travel, you’ll project manage from on-site as you apply your experience in industrial automation to install, wire, and configure our integrated control systems for clients in their complex production lines.
Then, from our St Louis office, you’ll provide phone and e-mail support for end users, as well as conduct testing and configuration of new systems and replacement components. You’ll also collaborate with fellow technicians, designing new circuits and systems, and documenting procedures.
Eventually, you will become one of our resident experts in AMS Controls products.
You’ll often travel to meet clients not just throughout United States, but internationally too. You’ll spend up to 15 days on the road at a time, depending on the client, the project and scheduling. It’s not enough to be prepared to travel — you have to actively enjoy it.
What you need to bring to the table
Experience with the metal forming industry is a plus, but not a strict requirement. It is far more important to have experience in industrial automation/engineering or similar field, a logical mind, a keen ability to ask questions and a strong electrical background.
This is a physically demanding job that often requires long hours in a factory environment. You will get dirty. You must be able to lift up to 50lbs and stand for up to six hours at a stretch.
You’ll be comfortable asking questions, a passion for learning new products and picking up new ideas and concepts is second nature to you.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Associate’s degree and/or two years of experience in Industrial Controls, Maintenance in a manufacturing environment, Industrial Electricity, Engineering or a similar field.
- Ability to read and follow electrical prints.
- Experience working with electricity, servos, VFDs, PLCs, HMIs, DVMs, oscilloscopes.
- Strong PC skills. You know your way around Microsoft Office (especially Outlook and Word).
- Some experience with PC networking such as DHCP and static IP address settings.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- An understanding of algebra and strong math skills.
- Ambitious people who are not afraid to ask questions. We create complex technical systems and expect you to have questions about how they work.
- Organizational skills. There’s a difference between saying you’re organized and actually being organized.
Plus, any of these (or all of them) would be nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Controls, Engineering, or similar field.
- Manufacturing operations background or knowledge of manufacturing processes, particularly metal forming and roll forming.
- Experience with Allen Bradley RSLogix 500 and Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000.
- Experience with Bosch-Rexroth servo systems.
- Basic hydraulics knowledge and ability to read hydraulic prints.
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Some CAD software experience.
“So what’s in it for me,” you ask?
Based in our St. Louis headquarters, you’ll enjoy being part of a fun, supportive, and highly skilled team that loves to innovate. Plus you’ll enjoy:
- A full-time position.
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision) and annual leave.
- A host of other things that make coming to work a pleasant experience!
How to maximize your chance of success
If you’re excited about this position you should follow these steps carefully:
- Prepare a cover letter that is tailored to this role. It must demonstrate you’ve read over this job description and highlight how your experience is applicable. GENERIC COVER LETTERS will be discarded and not considered.
- Include your resume and ensure it has your proper contact information.
- Please submit these items to firstname.lastname@example.org only. No phone calls, please!
We look forward to hearing from you!
AMS Controls is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, or any other characteristic protected by law.
No relocation fees are available.
AMS Controls provides world-class engineered solutions – including production management software and integrated machine controls – that optimize the operations of manufacturers in the metal forming industry and provide a fair return on investment. We are located at 12180 Prichard Farm Rd., Maryland Heights, MO 63043.
Job Description and Qualifications
The ideal candidate recently graduated or will soon graduate from a technical college with an associate degree in a field relative to our industry (examples might include: Control Systems Technology, Electrical Automation Technology, Industrial Engineering Technology, Industrial Technology, etc.). There are no prior work experience requirements but the candidate must be ambitious and eager to learn and grow as a professional.
Work in this program will include a wide variety of activities that will provide practical experience and will help both the employee and AMS. The intention of AMS is to train and develop Junior Technicians so they advance into more skilled positions within the company that align with the employee’s strengths. Most will go on to roles within our Technical Support group, but some may end up in Repair, Production, or Engineering roles.
This is a get your hands dirty position, but there will be plenty of activities that aren’t simply labor.
Activities might include:
- Building/wiring consoles
- Testing consoles
- Testing and building standard products (XLs, etc.)
- Assisting Repair with processing/testing/etc.
- Assisting Engineering with research or testing
- Programming and running the mill
- Assisting Application Engineering with component research and documentation
- Documenting or testing processes
- Traveling with a field service technician as a helper
- Taking frontline support calls
- Assisting in the custom systems process (updating documentation, etc.)
Assignments could last a few hours or a few weeks. Candidates must be open to working on a wide range of projects that will change frequently. Some travel may be required.
Benefits Included with employment:
- A competitive hourly wage, and opportunities for advancement.
- Benefits package with paid vacation.
- The opportunity learn and gain experience within the field of industrial automation.