Table of Contents
USB flash drive
- Insert a USB drive and USB mouse into the USB ports in the back of the Pathfinder controller.
- Log out of Pathfinder using the Administrator password and pressing the red Shutdown button.
- You will receive a prompt, “Shutdown Pathfinder application only…are you sure?” Select Yes.
- You should now see a few icons on the desktop of the Pathfinder display. Click “Pathfinder Tools.”
- A new screen will appear. On the left hand side of this screen under “Other Places” is “My Computer.” Click “My Computer.”
- Select “Local Disk (C)”.
- Click “Program Files.”
- Click “AMS Controls.”
- Click “Pathfinder.”
- Here you will find a number of folder and files. Scroll to the bottom of this page. Locate the Pathfinder.sdf file. Right click on the file and select “Copy.” Now go to the left side of the screen and select “My Computer.”
- Click “Removable Disk (D:)” It’s possible that it could be a different letter. If there is no removable disk present, it likely means that the machine does not recognize the USB drive or that it’s not plugged in properly.
- In the USB drive, you may see various files or folders. Right click in any open area of this screen and click “Paste.”
- If successful, you will now see the “Pathfinder.sdf” in the USB Drive. If you do not see this, then you may not have copied the file properly earlier.
You can now take this USB drive out of Pathfinder. You can also shut down Pathfinder and start the upgrade process when you have the Pathfinder.sdf on the USB drive.